Saturday, June 12, 2021

Longs attempt

Sun - a bit hungover but I still got a good pedal in.  Up to the Air Force Academy and back to Fossil.  30 miles.

Mon - 18 mile ride on the COVID loop and the Garden before working from home.  7.5 mile run after work, tagging Rocky Mountain via the Incline before running up Red Mountain.  Strava had me at 31 minutes up the Incline.  Manitou Brewing after the run.

Tues - bike commute 42.  Ten there, eleven home.  CityRock 62 at lunch.

Wed - run commute 37.  Five miles to work in 41 minutes.  I work very near Mash Mechanix.  And as I was getting ready to run home a friend texted me for beers there.  I met her there, then mooched a ride to Smiling Toad.  Walked home from the Toad at least.

Thurs - 10 mile ride on the Red Rock Canyon trails before work, seven mile run in the Garden after work.  I never lose sight of the fact that I live in such an incredible place.

Fri - bike commute 43.  Ten miles in 54 minutes to the office.

I will be missing the Garden ten miler for the first time in a long time on Sunday.  On Saturday afternoon I'll be hiking into Rocky Mountain National Park and getting to bed early.  On Sunday at 1AM I will start an ascent of Longs Peak.  Graduation climb for my alpine climbing school.  Not sure if we'll make the summit - the temps have exploded here and who knows what condition the snow will be in, but it should be a fun day nonetheless.

No comments: