Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Barr Camp

Still here.  Training is going well and I'm starting to feel the fitness come along.

On Saturday I had planned a run up to the Bottomless Pit to scout for an upcoming route on Pikes.  But we've been getting a ton of rain, so I stuck to the roads.  14 miles over in the Garden with a run up Ruxton for good measure.  Just over two hours.

$100 wanted to get in some fishing so after the run we loaded up the van and headed down to Salida.  Mostly dog duty for me though I did get in a good hour run on Sunday morning.  

Monday I got up to Barr Camp.  Just under 1:45 up from the Pikes starting line, a little faster than I was expecting.  Ran hard down and I'm paying for that today with crushed legs.  According to the strava I was only seven minutes off my fastest time up, which came in 2017 at the Barr Trail Mountain Race.  Much needed workout though and I hope to continue that as my Monday jog until after The Rut.

I'll have some competition at Chicago as Rupp just said he'll be there.


No comments: