Monday, January 18, 2021

So Many Roads

Jan 16 - behaved myself on Friday night, staying in to complete an online land nav course offered by the CMC.  That allowed me to get up early on Saturday for a dog hike followed by a 15.8 mile loop on the COVID route, 2:23, all at MAF pace.  Best run in a while.

For the week:

run - 42 miles/seven hours

ride - 60 miles/six hours

hike - 25 miles/just under ten hours

Saturday afternoon I headed up north to check out So Many Roads brewing, which caught my attention as they bill themselves as a Grateful Dead museum.  It's owned by the same guys who own Sancho's, and it didn't disappoint, though I want to return if this COVID bullshit ever subsides.  Saw Shad and Kircher up there, first time seeing those guys in a long time.  Quick trip to Sancho's as well.


Didn't drink much as I was driving, but that ended once I got home and hit Fossil.  Few too many, which ended up wrecking my Sunday motivation for riding or running.  No worries, as me and the dog loaded up the van ($100 was out of town) and headed down to Fremont County.  Spent some time at Florence River Park, hit up Florence Brewing, then headed out to Oil Well Flats for the night.  A little reading, some guitar, and an early-ish turn in to bed.



Woke up on Monday and headed out for what I thought would be a four mile hike.  Quickly turned into a 6.5 miler, the dog's longest in a while but she loved it.  She's been sleeping hard since that hike ended though.

Less than a day and a half until this guy hits the road.

1 comment:

The Padre said...

Dig The Dog Cameos - I Am Curious About The So Many Roads - Hope $100 Enjoyed The Travels - And In Case You Were Wondering, I Am All In On The Packers This Weekend - Take Care Brother

Cheers