Monday, June 22, 2020

incline 19

Had a great trip down to the San Juans last week.  We tried San Luis Peak but the wind was horrible once we got up to around 13000 feet, so we turned around.  I'll go back there for a solo attempt over July 4 weekend.  Rest of the weekend was spent in Chaffee County and we had a blast.  Hit up two new breweries over the trip - Irwin Brewing in Crested Butte and Tres Litros in Salida, both were good.

On Saturday a friend and I headed over to the Incline.  It's still closed, and there was a protest hike that morning.  We were a bit early for that, but on our way down we saw quite a few folks hiking.  The closure has nothing to do with public health and has become a pissing contest between Manitou and COS, so I'll start up weekly hikes up the thing again.

For the week ending June 20:

run - 30 miles, 5 hours 45 minutes
ride - 54 miles, seven hours
hike - 25 miles, 9.5 hours

For my Tennessee run I'm 431.6 miles in, 68% completed, just past Philadelphia, TN.  For the Breck Epic virtual CO trail ride I've gone 266 miles, almost halfway. 

Shit continues to slowly but surely open up here in Colorado.  I have reservations for yoga and climbing at CityRock this week.  The Pikes Marathon is a go.  The Classic 10k is taking registrations. 

My dog got me a pretty sweet fathers day present:


1 comment:

The Padre said...

The Dog Flipping Rocks - Way Cool

Cheers