Saturday, March 21, 2020

Platte River virtual half

My first ever virtual race.  My annual trip up to run the Platte River half marathon was replaced with a MAF run on my Midland/Santa Fe/Sinton trail loop.  13.1 miles in 1:56:49.  Was hoping to break 90 on race day, but we'll never know.  And I might not have very many realistic chances to break 90 anymore.

Also did a nice four mile hike over in the Garden, all of which I spent missing having my dog with me.  Dropped by Trails End and for the first time ever bought a beer to go in a mason jar.  $100 is excited to get a margarita to go tomorrow.

Both my weekly incline and track session resolutions died this week.  Pretty lame on my part and my only excuse is that it's been a weird week.  The incline is technically closed, but as usual there are ways around that and I'll jump back on that horse this week.  Not sure what will happen with the track goal as I'm not really training for anything now.

Seems like every event that gets postponed is rescheduled for October.  I will miss my first Salida marathon as it's the same weekend as Chicago, which we have already sunk a ton of money into.  I was signed up for the Royal Gorge 12 hour in May, but that was moved to the same day as the Lake City Alpine 50.  So I switched that rego to the Ruidoso 40 miler.  But that's the week after Chicago, so we'll see if I end up there.

Did get the garage gym set up today, hope to start hitting that next week.

1 comment:

The Padre said...

Another UM Show Here In A Few - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1KZAt58E-s - Cheers