Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Nebraska

First, a little background music for this post.



Made the drive to Scottsbluff/Gehrig, Nebraska, to nab my 20th state marathon.  Using this as a long run for JFK, I was planning on a four hour effort.  Got in a bit faster than that, running 3:37, and it was a really good 20 miler with a terrible 10k added on.  But I'll take it.

The trip was pretty meh.  Long drive, mediocre brewery, a local population that is all grumpy because Nebraska football is terrible (one of the few teams in the country that might be worse than Pitt, and folks in NE take college football a lot more serious than folks in the 'burgh).  Even the national monument was lackluster - it reminded me of Palmer Park which is a cool place but not quite cool enough to get me to cross I-25 for.  Not trying to rip the nice people of western Nebraska.  But sometimes when you drive to the middle of nowhere there's not much to do there.



2 comments:

Kieran McCarthy said...

I guess sometimes you gotta drive a ways to figure out what you already knew. Carhenge looks interesting at least.

brownie said...

High fiving Emma > Carhenge