Friday, May 11, 2018

Garden climb

Monday - 2.9 mile hike with the dog followed by bike commute 23.  Took a great 12 mile route home through Bear Creek and Red Rock Canyon.

Tuesday - Played some hookey.  3.6 mile dog hike followed by an 18 mile run.  The run went really well.  I haven't trained for the upcoming Colfax marathon but at least it won't be a total disaster.

Wednesday - Accolade 25.  Pretty sore from all those road miles.  Also sat through the classroom portion of the Colorado Mountain Club intro to rock climbing class.

Thursday - 1.8 mile dog hike and run commute 29.  But the big news is that I went climbing, outside, at the Garden.  That's something I've been saying I'm going to do for several years now.  Nothing huge, but I did some climbing and rappelling where had I fallen the results would have been painful (though not fatal).  I now have a goal of reaching the top of Kindergarten Rock.  The red route is the plan.  Looks super easy, and for most folks it is, but it definitely wakes you up if you have a fear of heights.  The blue lines here are what I was doing yesterday.


I was supposed to spend this weekend climbing with Veterans Expeditions but that trip just got cancelled.  So now I have a big bike ride, a 5k race, and a long dog hike on the schedule.  With some beer drinking thrown in, of course.

And a show at the Black Sheep on Sunday evening.


No comments: