Saturday, October 07, 2017

22:32

Not quite what I was expecting at the Venetucci Pumpkin 5k this morning.  But I have a good excuse.  Someone wiped some marks off the course, so I spent a good chunk of change being lost.  Ran an extra quarter mile, stood around a bit, then ran back to catch the pack.  Guessing I would have been right at 19:59 without the mishap.

In the scene wasn't messed up enough, as I caught back up with the pack, a goat jumped out of the bushes and started running with us.  He was having a blast.  He ran a good quarter mile with me before stopping to eat some leaves.

Mile splits of 6:05, 7:29, and 6:39.

Good effort, so I'm happy with the day.  Hope to redeem myself with a sub 20 at the Tiger Classic next Saturday.



2 comments:

ScottyD said...

Random goat might be the best excuse ever

brownie said...

I've used a lot of excuses over the years, but this was my first goat cop-out ever!