Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Salida

Salida went about as I expected.  I had been slacking on the long runs, and I had been slacking on the hills, and as such I knew I was not going to do well there.  But after my last two marathons (DNF at Pikes and DNS at Pueblo) I was happy to get a finish.  5:20.  Something to build on, as I now have hope that a finish at San Juan and a decent Pikes weekend can be accomplished with some work.

Had the usual fantastic time in Salida, seeing everyone and visiting so many of my favorite pubs and hiking the dogs until near exhaustion.  Love that town, but holy shit have housing prices have gone insane.  Will be interesting to watch what happens over the next few years, with rent at four figures at the minimum and the highest paying job in town at ten bucks an hour.

Biked Cheyenne Canon yesterday on the way home, bike commute number 20 on the year.  Ran to work today for run commute 12.

Supposed to get some moisture Thursday night.  Fingers crossed for a snow day!











2 comments:

The Padre said...

Congrats On Seeing The Finishing Tape Again


Dig All The Dog Photos


Cheers

Kieran McCarthy said...

The joke around town is that the S on the mountain isn't really an S; it's a 5, because that's how many jobs you need to pay the rent.