Friday, March 03, 2017

February

Not a good month on the running and biking front.  Cold weather kept me off the bike for much of the month, and the minor ankle injury cost me a week of running.  115 miles running, 105 miles on the bike.  Meh.

However, I didn't use all that extra time sitting around watching TV (that doesn't happen until the NCAA tourney starts).  The dog loved my predicament as we had over 70 miles hiking on the short month.  Whenever I bust up an ankle, which seems to happen quite often nowadays, I can return to hiking much quicker than running.  So I hike, and the dog gets to come along, and she LOVES it.  In fact, she questions why I don't make hiking my full time gig, giving up running and biking and climbing and work to make more time to stroll about.

Also spent some time in the gym, whether Accolade or CityRock.  I'm definitely seeing big gains in the rock gym, which I'm pretty psyched about.  Starting to have real success on V3 problems, and I've even gotten a move or two or three on V4 stuff, something that seemed impossible just a few months ago.

The resolution numbers, through March 3rd:

Bike Commutes - 14 (trying for 50)
Run Commutes - 9 (trying for 50)
CityRock - 19 (currently $28.21 per visit to the gym, trying to get that below $10)
Accolade - 9 (trying for 34, which would make each visit less than $10)
Run Miles - 336 (trying for 2000)
Bike Miles - 307 (trying for 3000)
Hike Miles - 143 (trying for 500)

No comments: