Tuesday, March 14, 2017

night outside #2

Not a good run on Saturday due to a late Friday at Fossil.  Got in a two hour slog at Cheyenne Mountain State Park, so at least I was able to start earning my merit badges.

As soon as I got home I supported the local economy by throwing just over $800 to the Pikes Peak Marathon.  $100 is registered for the Triple Crown with the Ascent, and I'm down for the Triple Crown, the Double, and BTMR.

Then it was off to Canon City.  Arrived at Oil Well Flats, set up camp, and took the dog out for a hike.  Dinner was down at Florence Brewing for the annual FAR adventure guide release.  Then back to the fire pit for more brews.






Got in a good two hour ride at Oil Well Flats on Sunday morning, followed by another dog hike.  Weather was perfect.

Continuing to dig our exploration of Fremont County.  My buddy Lance wrote an article about some new trails down there, you can see that over here.

Did some more riding back in the Springs as $100 and I biked over to the Red Leg brewers' cup happy hour.  We are not on the team this year but we still plan on crashing anything that looks like fun.


No comments: