Monday, October 24, 2016

Cheyenne Mountain

On Friday we took the van over to Cheyenne Mountain State Park for night out number ten.  Bit pricey, $28 for a tent only spot, plus having to pay another $7 since our state park pass is on a different vehicle, but it was nice to pull out of the driveway at 6PM and be drinking beer around a fire at 6:30.

Pretty good run on Saturday at the Cheyenne Mountain race.  Really happy with my up, not really happy with my down.  The first 1.5 down was due to being careful not to re-injure the cankle while dealing with a technical trail and two way traffic.  The last three down was probably me just being out of shape.  It is what it is.

Had a good race with Hessik.  I figured if I could beat him to the top I could hold him off.  Around mile three (it was 4.5 miles up) I made a move and gapped him pretty good.  Had a good minute on him at the top, but he really crushed it on the downhill and not only caught me but put another minute on me by the finish.

The trail to the top of Cheyenne Mountain is going to be another gem for this area.  Can't wait until it's finished!

Photo by Nancy Hobbs, who won the 5K and then came back out to cheer on the nine milers.


No comments: