Tuesday, December 08, 2015

not quite as fat as I was last week...

Getting back towards being a bit more active.  It's tough this time of year, as every local group I have anything to do with has a holiday happy hour at a local brewery.

Running on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, plus the Incline Club on Sunday.  I'll keep this up until January when I start working towards some of my goal races for 2016.  Ran up to Carson Pass in less than 25 minutes this morning, so despite my recent weight gain I'm not completely out of shape.  Yet.

Still biking to work nearly every day.  Today was commute 135 on the year.   Also hitting the gym a little more regularly, whether that be lifting weights or climbing fake rocks.

Headed up towards Buff Creek on Sunday afternoon to meet Shad and ride some snowy trails on the fat bike.  Unfortunately, Shad has a specialized so most of our time was spent on waiting for him to fix his bike.  But eventually we got in a good hour on an out-and-back canyon near Camp Shady Brook and then drank some beers afterwards.  Good stuff!

Was a bit bummed I couldn't make it to CityRock to see Will Gadd (his blog, when not focused on ice climbing and more on generally being an badass, is awesome - including his latest post) on Friday.  But no shit, I went for bagels on Saturday morning and who is at the bagel shop but the man himself.  I introduced myself and we had a nice, quick chat.  He was in town for an ice climbing shindig but we mostly talked about this video:


1 comment:

GZ said...

Excellent video.