Sunday, December 13, 2015

20+

$100 and I ran the Chasing Santa 5K way down south in Fountain on Saturday.  Was hoping to break 20, but a late Friday night at Fossil made that a bit difficult.  Ran the first mile in 6:10 and then completely came unglued, crossing the finish line in 20:38.  Horrible, but it's what I expect from myself this time of year.  A shot of me approaching the finish line, courtesy of Pikes Peak Sports:


One of my goals for 2016 will be to drop below 18 minutes for the 5K.  Lots of work to do there.

On Sunday the dog and I went over to meet the Incline Club, then made the trip up and down Red Mountain.  Great time out in the snow, and the dog seems like she's going to sleep the rest of the day.

2 comments:

GZ said...

I owe you a beer still for that UCONN Hockey game. I will put down another one that I will get to sub 18 before you.

brownie said...

You're on, slowpoke ultra guy!