Thursday, November 12, 2015

stuff the ballot box!

Some great voting news from our village made it's way to me while we were in NYC.  The Springs actually said yes to a sales tax increase and our roads might actually start getting fixed.  And local gov gets to keep some extra tax revenue to improve some hike & bike trails, including a bunch I take to get to/from work.  Good stuff!

But lets talk important stuff.  Focus On The Beer is letting folks vote in their "best of" awards.  So if anyone out there has some extra time, please go here and vote for the following:

best brewery - Red Leg
most anticipated brewery - Cerberus
best beer bar - Front Range BBQ
best dive bar - Murphy's
best beer selection - Front Range BBQ
best non-Colorado Springs brewery - Yuengling
best brewery staff - Red Leg
best IPA- Fossil Mammoth IPA
best beer with non-beer ingredients - Fossil Oreo Strata
best edumacational beer event - Fossil Talk Nerdy To Me
best beer festival - Manitou Heritage Festival
best philanthropic beer event - Bristol Cheyenne Canon Ale
best athletic beer event - Incline Beer Mile

You can vote once a day, but even if the four readers of this blog vote just once it may move the needle.  The westside has the best of everything in this town, we just don't have the numbers to win these contests.  Don't want to see applebee's win best beer bar.

If you are from out of the COS area and vote these choices, let me know and I will buy you a beer.  I am definitely not above paying to rig an election.

5 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

I helped you out but I had to go with a different non- Colorado Springs brewery than you.

brownie said...

New Belgium? I can't really argue with that pick.

Bob Johnson said...

Troegs.

brownie said...

Very solid choice. Was pretty upset that I couldn't find Perpetual IPA in NYC.

Bob Johnson said...

As far as I know Troegs should be available in NYC. I know they do tap takeovers there.
At least had Yuengling.