Wednesday, November 11, 2015

fat

On Monday morning I stepped on the scale and registered in at 177 lbs.  About ten pounds heavier than usual.  Had been spot on with the typical jt diet (down as much junk food and alcohol as possible and as little healthy shit as possible) since the Wisconsin trip.  And when I'm mired in my usual daily workout routine during the work week - two seperate 60 minute runs, another hour of bike commuting, another hour of walking the dog - I can get away with that.  But I hadn't been doing that for a good three weeks, and boy did the weight come quickly.

But I got back at it this week.  Taking a full six weeks off of running, but I've been doing longer hikes with the dog, biking to work again (today was #123 on the year, and three for November), and hitting the gym, either over lunch or in the evening at CityRock.  172.8 lbs this morning.

Dog and I did half the Incline this morning.  Lots of bullshit issues over parking on Ruxton lately, but when we pulled into the upper lot at 4:45AM there was only one other vehicle there.  Very peaceful on the Incline with the first snowfall of the year going on.

8 comments:

Andy said...

Welcome to middl-age my friend! Weight will always be a constant battle from now on as the effect and results are so immediate anymore. It sucks and it's not fair... now maybe you understand why I have been whining about it all these years! :)

brownie said...

Dude, it's not like I'm as old as you!

Anonymous said...

Alcohol speeds up the aging process plus beer is by far the worst considering keeping good fat/lean mass ratio.

Bob Johnson said...

Drink more beer and run more and you'll likely be fine. That's my plan.

brownie said...

Alcohol, especially binging like I do, has to be the most unhealthy legal thing you can do to your body. It's definitely the reason I haven't gone sub 13 in the 5K yet.

Bob Johnson said...

At least you know it's a possibility for the future...

brownie said...

My Olympic dreams have been rekindled now that the Russians are out!

Anonymous said...

I hear you - living 1 hour from Russian River Brewing.