Monday, November 30, 2015

back at it

I weighed in on the wrong side of 179 pounds on Sunday, after spending four full weeks watching TV and eating chips and drinking heavily.  The wife said if I got any more fat I would have to start sleeping on the couch.


Luckily, the Incline Club started on Sunday and that provided me some motivation to get out the door for a workout that didn't involve walking slowly with my dog.  I chose the Incline, which took me 40:02 from bottom to top.  Not great, but with the snow and lack of fitness it was faster than I thought I'd go.


I'll continue to run every other day for the rest of the year, with some biking and trips to the gym thrown in for good measure.  A sub three Ascent and the Double will be the goals this year once again.  Plus the Dirty Kanza, which will require some serious time on the saddle.


Here's what my front yard currently looks like:



5 comments:

Wyatt Hornsby said...

Nice work. I'm hoping to get to the Incline soon. Would like to also run up to Barr Camp. Such an awesome run.

brownie said...

Let me know when you want to head up the Incline and/or Barr Trail. Another good workout would be to do Longs Ranch Road and then the Incline.

GZ said...

180? Well I guess you are ready for the Solstice Slog. It might be time for you to get on the 100 bandwagon again.

brownie said...

I was feeling much worse about myself until I saw your time at the Turkey 5K.

Chris Boyack said...

Dirty Kanza has been on my radar for a few years, probably be a few more before I get around to checking it off the list. That's cool you will be doing it. Good stuff!