Friday, May 23, 2014

beers 139 & 140

Kircher had talked up Black Shirt Brewing so I jumped at the chance to check the place out.  Just like one of his night hikes, the place was disastrously horrible.  Not sure how some of these breweries stay in business.


I knew I was in trouble when I ordered a beer and I couldn't figure out the glass.  Was it some kind of optical illusion?  Was I going to spill it all over myself?  The bartender saw me struggling to figure it all out and she informed me that you drink from the lower side and the higher side helps you enjoy the aroma.  Wow.


This was the Red Porter.  They're witty there at Black Shirt, all their beers are reds.

Also got a growler to take home of the India Red Ale.  Uninspiring.


But at least there's a new brewery opening down the street soon.


Also dropped by Jagged Mountain Brewery.  Not bad, but it's right downtown near the baseball stadium so it's a bit upscale and definitely not going to pull me away from my usual Colfax hangouts.


But hell, even Colfax is getting a brewery.  This one is opening up just down the street from Sancho's.


Oh yeah, also had my first trip to Voodoo Doughnut!



2 comments:

Jaime said...

You redeemed yourself with this post by throwing up pics of Voodoo Donuts.

I've got 2 breweries opening up within blocks of my house this spring and summer. I hope they don't suck.

skatona said...

That glass, and your contempt for it, are hilarious.

I can't help but think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMTkedIUX8U&feature=kp