Sunday, May 11, 2014

beer #130


It's like when you see that hot chick who always returns to the abusive boyfriend.  That's the kind of relationship I have with Quad Rock.  Holy shit that course always beats the hell out of me, but I keep signing up again.  "Oh, it will be a good training run.  Time on my feet and all that bullshit" I tell myself.  Then I finish and I can't walk for three days.  Even this year, when I kept the effort and pace very much in check.  The only difference between running hard and running easy on those trails is that at least when you try to go fast you get to the finish line a few hours quicker.

Anywho, at least they had beer at most aid stations.  And a keg of Pateros Creek 51st Mile at the finish line.

Here's me at the mile ten aid station.  Approximately 7:30AM.  I certainly didn't win the race but I collected quite a few blue ribbons for the effort.


Kudos to Nick and the FoCo crew for creating such a great event up there in the second best running city on the Front Range!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Did you just call yourself a "hot chick"? I'm glad our trails whooped your ass once again.