Saturday, May 17, 2014

beer #136


Fitting beer today, since it has an eyeball on it  Of course, it's no secret I'll use any excuse whatsoever for a Wisconsin brew.  This one is the IBA (India style Black Ale) from Lakefront Brewing in Milwaukee.  Pure Milwaukee genius.  It says so right on the bottle.


Lasik seems to have gone well.  They did my right eye first.  No pain at all.  But lots of bright lights and weird sounds.  As they were switching over to do my left eye (only takes about three minutes per eye) I said, "that was pretty trippy, you should play some Pink Floyd in here."  Not ten seconds later Dark Side Of The Moon was being pumped in.  Good stuff.

I was a bit scared in the waiting room as my vision was pretty cloudy at first.  I took the cheap route and didn't get the money back guarantee (saved me $200, and the odds of him screwing up are super small) but after I took a drug induced nap my vision improved greatly.  Dry eyes right now, but once that goes away it looks like I'll be able to call the whole thing a success.  Total cost was 3400 bones.

No comments: