Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pulitzer

South CRUD dude, former San Juan Solstice champ, and all around nice guy Dave Philipps won a damn Pulitzer prize yesterday.  Sure wish the local military folks wouldn't give him so much to write about but it's great Dave got that kind of recognition.  Read about it here.

Years and years ago I first met Dave at the Miner's Tavern in Silverton before my first Hardrock.  He was following myself and Neil Taylor for the local rag.  See that article here.  Can't believe I used to eat bacon cheeseburgers and drink beer, so much has changed since that article was written.

3 comments:

GZ said...

I didn’t start running ultraraces to turn into a monk.

You as a priest ... the neighbors better watch their kids.

Rob said...

No surprise that Neal kicked your butt. Congrats to Dave!

brownie said...

Ha! The Boy Scout leader worried about kids! Funny!

I beat Neal to finish number five! Only by about 45 minutes, but I got him.