Tuesday, November 26, 2013

weekend

Been working on getting fat and lazy for a few weeks now, time to get back on the wagon.  Thanks to Pikes Peak Sports for the pics that follow.

Saturday was the annual PPRR Turkey Trot Predict.  You predict your time and try to run as close as possible without using a watch.  Really shitty weather and lots of ice, so I went with a blazing 24:06 for my guess.  Ran steady around Prospect Lake twice and ended up running 24:14, only eight seconds off.  You'd think that's pretty decent, but it was only good for 10th place.  Only the top six win turkeys, so it looks like I'll be going hungry this Thanksgiving.


Later Saturday evening was the Fall Series awards.  Team Red Leg/CRC somehow ended up snagging overall male team.  Boom!



The Red Leg/CRC chick team ended up winning as well.


We will be putting together a team for the upcoming Winter Series, so let me know if you want to be on the team.

I usually don't run when it drops below 20F, but today was the first run of the Incline Club season so I made an exception.

Forced myself up the Incline.  Turned out to be a beautiful day and as is always the case, I was glad I did it. 

No comments: