Monday, November 18, 2013

One weekend. Three crappy races.

Another awesome weekend.  Drank a bit too much on Friday night so the 5K/10K double at City Park wasn't quite as fast as I hoped.  Thought I could run 20/40 or so, but ended up 22/47.  Yuk.  But it was worth the trip, as the old school race t-shirts were more than worth the entry fee.  100% cotton, zero advertisements, and this logo:


The logo looks even better at Sancho's:


The 5K had 2300 runners (bigger than Leadville) and the 10K had 1200 runners (also bigger than Leadville).  And as I passed a blind guy in the 10K I heard him yell at his guide, "you asshole, you told me this was a 5K!"  So at least one person had a sense of humor (a higher number than the 2013 Leadville field).

Getting wasted and trying to race didn't work out so well for me on Saturday.  So of course I had to try again on Sunday.  After lounging around on Colfax long after City Park, I ended up shitting the bed at the final Fall Series in Palmer Park.  But continuing with the weekend theme of hungover runs and awesome schwag, we got these sweet mugs:


On the bright side, I did beat Mike Wardian for most races over the weekend where you didn't meet your goal.

Not much going on this week.  Taking off from any activity outside of walking the dog.  Just a quick break before the Incline Club starts on Sunday.  Still playing around with the 2014 schedule.  The motivation is pretty high to try some longer bike stuff.  But I don't have as much vacation with the new job as I used to, so something is going to have to give.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I parked closer to the aid stations at Leadville then I did for the start line at this race.

BLOS said...

The bar at Sancho's collapsed shortly after we left...