Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Salida

Rego'd for my second race of 2014 today - the Salida Marathon.  I've done all nine of these, and it serves as my Colorado anniversary since I moved here from Austin just before they had the first of these marathons.

FYI, the hostel is completely booked.  Acted quickly to find something close to The Vic.  Here is the view towards the race finish line from the hot tub where team Red Leg will be staying:


Not too shabby.  Big yard too, so look for some kind of post race/pre pub crawl party.  Hopefully we can get a keg from Red Leg for the festivities.

I will hopefully (depending on the weather in mid-March) be riding my bike down to the race from the Springs.  Had planned on riding back on Sunday, but we decided to stay in town an extra day.  So instead I'm going to try to ride up Monarch Pass and back.  Big test of the cross-check to see how she handles on touring and mountain passes.

On another note, if I had a vote for ultra performance of the year, it would not go towards any race.  I would vote for the guys who threw this drive together to get ultrarunning's biggest fan to Western States!  

2 comments:

mike_hinterberg said...

Did you see the Gravel Grinder shirts? Pretty cool, too bad it'll take 4-6 weeks to get 'em, they woulda made great Chamois Stuffers for Christmas.

trailbitch said...

Thanks for the info on the fundraiser. I'd rather help an ultra uber-fan than starving puppies any day. He's got some good friends.p