Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Grand Slam of Douchebaggery

Been following this debacle today.  Blech.  Ultrarunners are no better than triathletes or cyclists or tough mudders or crossfitters or anyone else we used to pretend we were better than.  In fact, after the past month, any athletes in the previously mentioned sports should be making fun of us for being such tools.

Reminds me of all the hoops I had to jump through and extra entry fees I had to pay and all the lawyers I had to hire when I ran the Rocky Mountain Slam.  Just kidding, all I had to do was run four cool as hell races and then this showed up in the mail one day:


I would have paid a lot of money for that plaque but Leland donated the materials, time, and loot.  And he never once threatened to sue me.

And since I'm taking such a trip down memory lane, I'd like to remind everyone that 2010 was the year I destroyed Fuller in our only head-to-head match up at Leadville.

Hit the track today.  8 x 400m with 200m RBI.  Started off at 85 and worked down to finish in 81.  Much better than last week.

Got in some quality cross training as I had to bowl at a work function.  Bowled (threw?  rolled?) a 94.  I'd love to make fun of bowling here but in light of what happened in the ultra world, I really can't.



And in case anyone missed the big game last night, it's going to be a while before Pitt can compete for an ACC title.


4 comments:

Olga said...

Go, Leland! From the times he ran the race ahead and marked it as he ran, then set in his truck taking times of the finishers...he is Da Man.

MadMarmot said...

You bowled a 94!!!!!Excuse me a sec......Bwahahahahahahahahahaha...ok,back,nice bowling dude.

brownie said...

I won a $15 gift card to amazon for my performance. Does this make me a professional bowler?

Brandon Fuller said...

Leadville is washed up. That did not count.