Monday, April 01, 2013

weekend

Decent weekend on the running front.  20 miles on Saturday through Red Rock Canyon, Intemann, Section 16, and High Drive.  Sunday it was up to Denver for a few miles on the Mt. Falcon trails with Liz and then FF's hill running clinic.  Good stuff.

This Saturday marks the start of eleven consecutive weeks of racing for me.  Everything from the highly prestigious and elite Nielsen Challenge and the Tortoise & Hare 5K predict, to lesser known and lowly attended, horribly managed races such as Quad Rock and Jemez.  That's right folks, I'm the Mike Wardian of slow people!

300 miles of running in 54 hours for March, pretty solid month despite getting one weekend snowed out.

6 comments:

Steve Pero said...

See you at the Last Chance Saloon, I secondaried the brew this weekend, will bottle it in about 3 weeks to let it age a bit in time for Mem Day weekend.
Great running! See you at QR!

trudginalong said...

If Rachel's 25K split at Cheyenne Mtn is faster than your first 25K you owe me beer.

brownie said...

SP - one of my favorite aid stations! Be sure to have that beer cold when I pass by!

Steve Pero said...

It'll be on ice! I could probabaly manage to have one PBR in the cooler, too, if you'd like ;-)

Anonymous said...

While you are doing the nielsens challenge, you might as well throw in the kokopelli kids series!

brownie said...

Kokopelli? No way, too many of those damn kids would beat me. I need some old folks in the mix so I don't take last place.