Thursday, April 25, 2013

movie night

Couple 'o short running movies last night at Stargazer's.  Good stuff, a little better than the typical ultra movies with dudes running shirtless to music you've never heard of.  The main flick was a documentary on Joan Benoit-Samuelson.  Hard to believe that it wasn't very long ago that women weren't really allowed in any distance over the 800m, because, you know, nobody wanted their uterus to fall out.  Nowadays I don't worry about whether or not a chick can cover a certain distance, but whether or not a chick will beat me at that distance.

Here's a shot, stolen from Pikes Peak Sports, of all the Boston marathon alum in attendance:


1 comment:

Rob said...

I hope the documentary mentioned the time I beat Joanie in a 10K. She kicked my ass every other time I raced her. Pride of Maine, and still going strong!