Sunday, April 07, 2013

April 7 - Downtown Littleton Brown

AM - Platte River Half Marathon, 1:27:42.
PM - Four miles with the dog in Red Rock Canyon, 50 minutes.

Real happy with my run at Platte River.  After hitting mile two in just over 14 minutes, I settled in around 6:45 pace.  Very hard, but not crushing myself.  At mile nine I started to race, hitting 6:34, 6:25, and 6:12 miles.  Hurtin' real bad at that point, but I held it together for a decent finish.  My last mile of 6:34 looks like it sucks, but there's a soul crushing hill in there.  You can see me in the pic below, and the pack led by the gal in pink and trailed by the dude in green were all in front of me at mile 12.


Another shot of me about 50 meters from the finish.  Digging deep to hold off local gal Connilee W.


Thanks to Rachel G for the pics.  If you're not going to Jemez you should go run her race.  I will buy anyone who beats PG at that race a beer.

$100 and I skipped the post-race beer garden since they were serving michelob ultra.  Instead, we went to the Old Mill Brewery located near the start of the race.  I started off with the Downtown Littleton Brown.


Also had the Rapp Street Lager.  I don't like to rip on local breweries, so I'll just say the beers here were almost as uninspiring as a half marathon finisher medal.

5 comments:

Local Mind Media said...

Soul crushing hill of 33'
Solid run, just think if you'd settled into a 6:15-6:20 even pace.

brownie said...

That hill just comes at a really bad place in the race.

Jeremy said...

Nice Job! I was totally bummed to have missed the race this year – would have been my 5th consecutive year. For some reason I thought the race started at 9:00. I was crushed when I realized I was wrong while driving to the race start at 8:30. Glad you had a good day though. Looks like the weather was the best it’s been in years.

brownie said...

Lame excuse, you were obviously avoiding me!

No, I wondered why I didn't see you. Bummer, it was great weather for a race.

Jill said...

I'll attest to the soul crushing hill...it was about 433', at mile 12. Sicko RD.

Nice job, though. Congrats!