Monday, July 16, 2012

Hardrock


Finish number four.  36:07.  Not quite the time I was hoping for, but I'm not disappointed with a 30 minute PR.  Wish I had stories of pain and suffering and other epic shit, but this is a course that plays to what I do well - move slowly and continuously.  I'll probably be in more pain this Thursday at the Boulder track meet than I was at any point of Hardrock.  I'll try to get a more detailed report over on Pikes Peak Sports by the weekend.

Big thanks to Ryan and $100 for crew/pacer/bartender duties.  And thanks to BT for the pic.

Think the highlight of the weekend for me was when Kirk Apt had everyone sign his finisher poster to give to Leadville Bill Dooper.  Nice to pretty much end race weekend on such a high note, since I was pretty bummed a few of my buddies didn't have the run they wanted.

No time to bask in the glory, Pikes is looming.

Another stolen BT pic, proof that at one point I was beating Wilcox.


12 comments:

Justin Mock said...

Congrats! Sorry I didn't get to see you more than once, but picking you in the dark was pretty cool.

trudginalong said...

Nice work JT, if you get in again next year I'm formally accusing you of sleeping with Dale.

GZ said...

Nuthing but props to ya.

brownie said...

If I go back I'll have a good shot to get in, as I'll have a ton of tickets in a smaller pool of fools.

Plus, the lottery is before Pitt joins the ACC and starts thumping Duke on a regular basis, so Dale won't be too pissed off at me yet.

Local Mind Media said...

Great effort, Jon. I'm not listening to Katie anymore - I'm going to assume you're right behind me (if not beating me already).

Jaime said...

Awesome stuff JT! Congrats on #4.

Feets of Pedestrianism said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Feets of Pedestrianism said...

"IF" you go back? You told me no less than 10 times you were done with Hardrock while we were out there.

brownie said...

I might try to take down Harcrow's record for longest nap.

katie said...

If I had a dollar for everytime he has said he's never running an ultra again I'd be million dollar bill not hundred dollar bill;)

Natalee said...

All I want to know if you had more than 4 beer stations? I mean, as BF's crew, I have to plan for PB100 pacer needs as well.

Wyatt Hornsby said...

Curious as to what's the story behind the poster for Bill?

Wyatt