Tuesday, June 26, 2012

letter to the editor

The Gazette printed this letter to the editor.  Sounds like something I'd write on this blog to get a laugh or two at the expense of my spandex clad friends.  Keith is obviously a douchebag for hoping somebody gets hurt, though I have to agree with his point of view about the cyclists who ride on 30th street, as he is correct about the bike path there.  Congrats to Keith on his flawless driving record, but I'm sure he has multiple meth related convictions just like everyone else in Florissant.

"It is only June, and I have already come close to "running over" three bicyclists.  It's not because I am a bad or distracted driver, in fact, I have a flawless driving record.  No, the fault lies with the spandex-clad wannabe Lance Armstrongs who think that the term "Share the Road" means that bicyclists have absolute right of way over any other vehicle.  I hate to say it but, I hope that one of you gets hit and hurt.....badly.  Why would I wish such a horrible thing on anyone?  Because maybe then you'll learn to loosen the straps on your little helmets (or wear looser fitting shorts) so the blood can get to your brains and you will finally realize that riding your bike in the middle of the road is not the same as sharing the road.  Thirtieth Street by Garden of the Gods is a good place for one of these accidents to happen.  If I am not mistaken, there is a trail that runs the entire length of that stretch of road, yet people insist on riding their bicycles in the road!  If and when one of you "peddle-philes" gets run over this summer, remember to share the blame like you share the road.
Keith Houghtling
Florissant

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

i thought of you when i read that