Tuesday, December 06, 2011

home

Finally back home. Could take a few weeks to recover from the previous 48 hours.

Guess the race was quite the debacle, judging from the RnR Vegas facebook page. The debacle at the merge of the two races, some crowded conditions at the finish, running out of medals, and the possibility of some bad liquid at aid stations making lots of people sick.

Funny, it was so crowded over the second half I didn't bother hitting the aid stations. All I had over the last 13 miles was beer. And I didn't get sick.

5 comments:

MW said...

I've been reading about the really shitty experience the back of the packers experienced, and that truly sucks. Especially for a company like RNR, and Competitor that have experience with big marathons.
Nonetheless... this comment on facebook made me laugh!

"No pottys til mile 5 and then we get ONE?!?! One for 44,000 runners?!?! Really? My son an I peed on a bush, like animals! Our next stop at mile 10 they had 2! "


LIKE ANIMALS!!!
LOL!!!

brownie said...

I'm not exactly a Kenyan, but there couldn't have been more than 50 folks in front of me at the halfway point (6000 ran the full marathon). So the crowded conditions weren't just for the back of the pack folks.

I didn't notice any shitters, but it wouldn't surprise me, with all that went on during the race, that they only had one. But I'll think of that "like animals" quote whenever I use nature for a toilet. Which is about five times a day.

MW said...

"Like animals!"

LMAO!

slowrunner said...

ahaha! I AM NOT AN ANIMAL !!
too much!

Digger said...

I can't believe they found a bush on the strip.