Monday, December 19, 2011

2012

Haven't run a step since Vegas. Two full weeks off. Going to get back at it today, then I'll spend the rest of the year running to and from work. Need 73 more miles to hit my 2011 resolution of 3000 miles. Cutting it kind of close but I should get there.

Updated the 2012 race schedule. Will have two "A" goals for the year. 32:54 at Hardrock and 2:49 at NYC.

The odd time for Hardrock represents a ten hour improvement from my first HR back in 2008. That's the year Skaggs edged me out at the finish by a scant 19 hours. My best there is 36:35, so trying to take 3.5 hours off may seem like a stretch. But definitely doable.

And the itch for a 2:49 is burning in me now. I'll have to live vicariously through JP for the time being, but after Hardrock I'll focus on the speed for NYC. That race is tentative, seeing as I'm not really sure I'm qualified yet. If I don't get in I'll find another late November race, maybe Route 66 again.

Lots of races. I go to a ton of races, but I rarely put forth an actual race effort. I don't have the self discipline to hit the long training runs, so I have to use races for that purpose. No time goals for anything other than the ones above. Will probably hit a lot more of the local shorter races as well. Winter Series. Summer Series. St. Pat's 5K. The short stuff will hopefully provide one element my training lacks: longer tempo stuff.

Maybe September-ish for the annual Grand Canyon trip? Looking at something new this year - exploring the Havasu falls area.

Should be another great year!

5 comments:

MW said...

I guess we won't be going to Arches or Bryce in 2012, huh?

brownie said...

Yes. Right after the Grand Canyon trip.

GZ said...

Justin thinks Havasu is way better than the ditch.

meredith said...

And pacing Wasatch??

brownie said...

Pacing Wasatch and Leadville.