Monday, April 12, 2010

so close!

Kudos to Gazette reported Dave Philipps for being named a Pulitzer finalist! No, not for the Hardrock article he did on me a while back, but for his work on the local Fort Carson peeps who got into a lot of trouble after serving in Iraq. See part I of that story here and part II here.

Dave is also the defending San Juan Solstice 50 miler champion.

Best quote so far from gazette.com on Dave's honor:

Mr. Phillips, you have two choices.

One, stay with the Gazette and get demoted (The Gazette does not foster progressive journalism).

Or....

Two, use the Gazette as a stepping stone to a brighter future (i.e. leave now with this feather in your cap).

I use the Gazette to line my cat's litter box. It does a great job soaking up cat urine that leaks through the cheap litter I buy.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

it's also good for killing flies in the summer.