Tuesday, April 13, 2010

70

Hit 70 miles the last serious week before Boston. Friday (April 9th) I knocked out two hours and it was one of my worst runs ever. Felt horrible the entire way, and even though I didn't fall anywhere by the time I was finished my right ankle and right hip/butt hurt like hell. My ass still hurts (yeah, I know, insert fag joke here...), it feels like a huge charley horse back there. Only ran 3.5 miles on Saturday, rested on Sunday, did four miles yesterday, and when I set out to run this morning I took a few steps and stopped. Weird.

5 comments:

Carie said...

Sounds like your piriformis.

Jesse said...

JT: I've enjoyed reading your blog and have been inspired by all the miles you put in this winter and spring. If you stay healthy, there is no question you will break 3 hours at Boston. I recommend you see a good massage therapist ASAP, preferably someone who practices Active Release Therapy. Tony Doneson is excellent. You can find other recommendations on the Incline Club message board.

LK said...

First rule: Only date chicks who are massage therapists. That way you don't have to pay for it. You need trigger point/ART done asap and it works wonders.

aka Moogy said...

Larry's my man!!!
Welcome to my world wanker...except the ass hurting part.

brownie said...

That stuff is way too fancy. My body will heal with rest and PBR by Monday.