Monday, August 29, 2022

the week

Mon - down in Salida in the AM with the dog, we had a good hike there, and another good hike in Canon City on the way home.  Late breakfast of cheeseburgers at The Owl.   90 minute evening ride.

Tues - bike commute 59.  Ten there, eleven back.

Wed - run commute 52.  5.2 there, 3.5 back.  The run home was in the pouring rain.

Thurs - off work today, got in a 15 mile ride on the local bike paths.

Fri - run commute 53.  4.2 there, 3.6 back.

Sat - we were on dogsitting duty this weekend so not much time.  Got in a 40 mile ride in 3.5 hours, heading way out east on the Cottonwood Creek path.  My bike currently weighs 800 pounds.  After the ride it was endless amounts of dog walking.


Sun - I planned to run with Beuke on Sunday so I made a good decision to tab out after my second beer at Fossil on Saturday night.  Then I got a text from Brooks saying he was at Benny's, and I overrode my good decision making.  So it was not much of a run on Sunday, but I did meet him at Manitou Brewing after his summit of Pikes.


For the week:

run - 20 miles, 3.5 hours

ride - 93 miles, 8.5 hours

hike - 35 miles, 14.5 hours

Busy week coming up.  Mookie finishes one dog class and starts another.  Pitt gets to kick the crap out of West Vagina on Thursday.  Parents weekend at the Academy with the AF/Northern Iowa game on Saturday.  I'll squeeze the miles in whenever I can.

No comments: