Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Salida

Another successful Salida marathon in the books.

I figured I'd be good for maybe 16 miles before the wheels fell off.  So I was happy to still be feeling decent at mile 18, but reality set in quickly after that.  Still fought (slowly) to the finish, crossing the line a few seconds before my 5:30 prediction.  Pretty happy with the day considering my lack of long runs.

Then it was the usual Salida debacle - Moonlight, Tres Litros, Woods, Benson's, Soulcraft, Poncha Pub, and Elevation.  I've cooled on that town over the years as it has exploded in growth, but it's still a fun place so spend a long weekend.



Big weekend for Mookie as he celebrated several firsts.  First Salida trip, first run, first mountain summit (Tenderfoot Hill), first visit to Gone to the Dogs.  He was super excited to return to the same house in COS and not have to figure out a new owner following a car ride.

On the week:

run - 57 miles, 11.5 hours

ride - 68 miles, seven hours

hike - 23.5 miles, 9.5 hours

No comments: