Sunday, July 18, 2021

19:34/BTMR

I've been chatting with a friend about the 5k lately.  Her PR is just over 20 minutes, and she's still in a position to go under that number.  And while acting like I'm Mr. Sub-20, I realized it's been a few years since I broke that barrier.

So on Friday I jogged up to the Holmes track to see what I could do.  And I did it.  Mile one was 6:18, mile two was 6:14. and I closed in 6:11.  Ended up with 3.1 miles in 19:34.  Had to push a bit harder than I would have liked for that time, but at least I'm still a sub 20 guy.

On Sunday was the Barr Trail Mountain Race.  Good day for me, even though my descent wasn't the best.  Up to Barr Camp in under 90 minutes, then back down to finish the 12.4 mile course in 2:21:49.  

$100 ran well too.  We had a few Red Leg brews at the finish line, then went down to Manitou Brewing for more beer and grub.



No comments: