Wednesday, September 09, 2020

catching up

2020 keeps rolling right along...

Got incline 21 done last Friday.  Biked over, straight up, then down to the new bail trail which is on the north side of the incline, opposite of Barr Trail.  Good trail and a great way to sneak around the new reservation system.

On Saturday $100, hollydog, and I took the cadet up her first 14er, Mount Sherman.


Later that evening I tried my hand at some gourmet cooking.  Don't mean to brag but it was pretty delicious.


Good eleven mile run on Sunday then spent the remainder of the long weekend riding bikes and drinking beer.  Trips to Fossil, a ride up to Pikes Peak, some Red Leg thrown in for good measure.  Great weekend but I should probably dry out for a little bit.

On Monday we hit 93F and it was probably the worst smoke I've seen here (big forest fire up above Fort Collins).  Tuesday evening we got significant snow.  The early Wednesday morning dog hike:



Had Wednesday off so I got in a good ten miler through the Garden.  Nothing beats that place after a fresh snowfall.

Was hoping to get down to the Crestones for another 14er or two this weekend, but it doesn't look like the snow they got will be melting anytime soon.  I'll stick around here and get in a good long run instead.  Which I need, since I have Salida and Cheyenne Mountain coming up.  

Less than ten days until we leave on our big road trip to Area 51!


No comments: