Friday, February 14, 2020

track/incline 11

Staying with the recent theme, shitty weather.  I've just put away the bike for the time being.  Not warming up enough to melt the snow and ice, so everything just kind of sucks for riding/running right now.

Mon - run commute 11.  Five miles to work, four miles home.

Tues - run commute 12.  4.2 miles to work.

Wed - run commute 13.  Six miles there, 5.4 back home.  On the way to work I dropped by the Colorado College track, which was over half covered in snow and ice.  5 x 400m.  Shitty workout, but at least I got my weekly trip in.  Ran through Sondermann home, and it's all snow and ice.  $100 and I had a good climb at CityRock in the evening, made even better since Red Leg is the brewery of the month there.

Thurs - we have been waking up to temps in the mid-teens for a few days, including today.  I slept in and after a quick dog walk hopped on the bus to work.  After work I had to force myself over to the incline, unable to put it off since we'll be leaving town Friday after work.  As usual, after the slog up Ruxton the incline became a fantastic place to be.  I guess it's been so cold the snow hasn't had a chance to melt during the day, so there's not a whole lot of ice right now.  Plus, there was a nice inversion and halfway up the incline I found myself above the clouds.  Only saw one other guy the entire loop.  Ended up at the Manitou Legion drinking hot toddys with the owner of Trinity Brewing after the run.

Fri - bike commute twelve.  16F when I got up, but it was winter bike to work day, so I met some co-workers at Loyal Coffee to take advantage of some freebees.  Woke the klunk up from hibernation for the ride.


Oil Well Flats for Friday night, then off to the San Luis Valley to enjoy the long weekend.

No comments: