Friday, August 23, 2019

Pikes


Fairly difficult for me to predict what I'll run this year.  I haven't raced much, spending a lot of weekends living out of a van and spending most of my workouts getting to and from work, and even those split up between running and riding.

That being said, the races I have done have pretty much been good (the Garden ten miler and a hungover Summer Roundup), and I did alright at a very difficult (for me) mountain bike race not long ago.  My Barr Trail runs have gone really well.  I recently nabbed an Incline PR.  And the runs to/from work have been a lot faster than the last few years of me always plodding around at 10+ minute per mile.

The quality is there.  The quantity?  Not so much.  I've been running 30 miles a week for several months now.

But I feel fit, and the goal is 3:15.  And if I'm close to that, I know that my masters PR on the Ascent is 3:12.  On Sunday, I'd like to go sub two on the downhill.  Ideally with a sub six last mile while pulling away from GZ and JV.

Or, you know, it could be a total disaster and I'll run 4+ on Saturday and 7+ on Sunday and all the beer is gone before I finish.

We'll see how it all shakes out.  Good luck to everyone running this weekend!


Bonus prediction: no course records fall this weekend.

2 comments:

The Padre said...

No Rolled Ankles And Simply Crush That Sucker

Cheers

GZ said...

I'll second the bonus prediction