Saturday, November 03, 2018

week in review

Mon - 2.3 mile dog walk, bike commute 53, CityRock 121.  Zero effort given today as I spent it recovering from Colfax.

Tues - Three mile dog hike followed by a solid 14.5 mile run.  Also did some hot yoga, which I really need to start doing again.

Wed - balls cold in the AM, but I ran to/from work for run commute 57.

Thurs - good day.  2.6 mile dog hike followed by run commute 58.  CityRock 122 at lunch.  Then another two mile dog hike after work.

Fri - 2.5 mile dog hike in the AM.  Had to pick up the jeep from the shop so that threw a wrench into my workout plans.  After work I just sat on the couch drinking beers and watching Pitt take control of the ACC coastal division.

Sat - 3.2 mile dog hike followed by a good 19 mile run up to the Air Force Academy.  Was hoping to go all the way to Pikes Peak Brewing, 25 miles, but a freak storm blew in and I wasn't prepared.  Had to take cover under a tree during some hail, then the temps dropped and the snow started.  This was not in the forecast and I was in shorts and a LS t-shirt.  $100 was on the Academy picking up our cadet, so I was able to mooch a ride home with her.

That pretty much ends my JFK training as the next two weeks will be spent trying not to get hurt.  Not nearly as many long runs as I'd like, but most of my run commutes and runs in general have been at a much higher effort than usual for me.  So we'll see how it all plays out.  I did spend five weeks hiking twelve hours a day with a lot of weight on my back, so hopefully that endurance carries over.

For the week:

run - 52 miles
hike - 16 miles
bike - 17 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keeping a weekly view record for the activity is good and it reminds that how much busy a week have been. Great! deals for cheap park and fly