Monday, August 20, 2018

Pikes

Pretty good weekend for me and much better than I expected it would be.

Still in shape from the Colorado Trail so I knew finishing wouldn't be an issue, I just thought it would be slower than usual.  Told $100 to plan on four hours on Saturday, then another four hour ascent followed by a three hour descent on Sunday.

Saturday, of course, was a wash as they ended the race at Barr Camp.  I was pleasantly surprised at how my day went though.  I was able to run around 70% of the course, much more than I thought I'd do.  I ran 1:49:55, though that includes a ten minute break when I stopped about 100 meters from the finish line to have a beer.

On Sunday things went well once again.  Got to the summit in 3:47.  The downhill hurt like hell as I have not done any downhill running in a long time, but my down split of 2:17 was not my worst ever.  Finished in 6:03.  For some reason I'm already excited for next year.

Relive 'Morning Run'


       

4 comments:

GZ said...

How excited for next year are you when you say you are excited for next year?

brownie said...

I'm thinking of turning it up to eleven for the triple crown next year.

GZ said...

Ascent or Marathon?

brownie said...

Both!