Monday, May 09, 2016

Collegiate Peaks

Gimped my way through the 25 miler at Collegiate Peaks on Saturday.  A combination of a weak ankle and general lack of fitness for the longer distances put me about half an hour behind where I was hoping to finish, crossing the line in 4:55.  Very up and down race,  had some good moments and some bad moments.  Boyak ran steady as always, and I kept bouncing ahead and behind of him all day.  Got to catch up with quite a few folks I hadn't seen in a while, and that was great.

Despite the slow time and the suffering I endured the last ten miles of the race, I did feel I could have turned around and done the course again.  So the San Juan Solstice is a go.


3 comments:

GZ said...

Good on you old man. My ankle would no way in hell manage that these days.

brownie said...

Getting old sucks. We both have injuries we wouldn't even have noticed back in the good 'ol days.

The pounding doesn't do the ankle any favors, but I don't think I'm making it any worse either.

Chris Boyack said...

Thanks for breaking your ankle so I could keep up with you for once. Next year we'll have to make a proper race out of it. Good luck at Kanza!