Monday, July 13, 2015

Summer Roundup 12K

Once the trip to Hardrock fell through, I thought I'd jump into the Summer Roundup to complete the local Triple Crown.  I was pretty trashed from Pikes the previous day, but I still had a decent, hard effort.  Well, for about 5.5 miles anyways.  After that I spent about three minutes standing around drinking beer, which didn't help my finishing time.  Crossed the line in just over 55 minutes.  Pretty happy with that for having a relatively poor race.

Great weekend on the training front: 20+ miles above 10K feet, then a solid effort over in Bear Creek Park.  Lost a little bit of fitness over the two week break, but I should be able to get that back pretty quickly.

Thanks to Pikes Peak Sports for the pic.



Totally unrelated, our table at Slow Aaron's wedding last weekend:


No comments: