Monday, July 20, 2015

Barr Trail Mountain Race

Meh.

When you race as much as I do, you're going to have some mediocre races.  And this was one of them.

Talked to Simon before the race and he said to hit Barr Camp in 1:20 to see if I was in three hour Ascent shape.  So that was my goal.  And I made it, I was the last guy to break 80 minutes, hitting the top in 1:19:59.  But physically and mentally I was crushed.  Just didn't have anything today.  Probably walked a good three quarters of a mile between the top of the W's and Barr Camp.  At BC, I stopped for a few minutes to chat with Neil about Hardrock, then jogged back down.  Finished just under 2:10.  While it was a poor race for me, I'm somewhat happy that I still got to Barr Camp at roughly three hour pace while running less than stellar.

Speaking of meh, that's about all I can say about any of the Triple Crown races anymore (BTMR is not one of the races that count in the Triple Crown, but it is under the umbrella of their management).  BTMR had some problems, and the new expectation for these races is that you are going to have to deal with all kinds of issues that you don't see at most races.  The folks in charge either need to step up their game, or significantly cut the prices of these races.

Thanks to Pikes Peak Sports for the pic:


No comments: