Wednesday, August 13, 2014

beer 223 & 224



223 was the Austin Amber from Independence Brewing Company in Austin.  A-town is slowly catching up to the rest of the brewing world.

224 was the Texas Red Amber Lager from Rahr & Sons Brewing in Fort Worthless.

Told you there would be a lot of Texas brews coming your way.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes before, during, and after the bike ride.  I've taken FB off my phone, so by the time I got back home I had way too many kudos to answer, but I really appreciate all of 'em.  Funny, I'm always trying to cut FB out of my life, but I want everyone else to update constantly so when I do check in I can find out what everyone is up to.

Feeling fine after the ride.  Certainly doesn't beat you up like a hundo run.  Running 45 minutes easy every day since the ride, using all that extra time in the day to get some shit done around the house.  Looking at getting up the Incline for the final time this year on Thursday before Friends of the Incline close it down and ruin it forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the ride.
How are the Texas beers? I don't see too many of them here in PA.
If I may ask; why is the incline being closed?

Looking forward to hiking, running, and perhaps more importantly, drinking beer in (kind of) your neck of the woods in ten days (Boulder and RMNP).

Cheers again from PA,
Bob

brownie said...

Texas beers are really hit or miss. Some are really good, some are really bad. Hard to get up here, but I have friends from Austin who hook me up.

Incline is closing for four months so some work can be done on it. I think they're going to make it easier.

Have fun in Colorado! I'll be running the Oil Creek 100K in October.

Unknown said...

Thanks and good luck to you at Oil Creek, a part of the state I don't spend enough time in.
Just read the ride report (didn't see it yesterday until after my comment). Sounds like a very good time.