Saturday, October 12, 2013

Tiger Classic

19:20 at the Tiger Classic 5K this morning.  Was hoping for something under 19 but it just didn't happen.  Ran as hard as I could and suffered pretty good over the last half of the race, so I guess I can't complain about the slow time.  Six flat, 6:13, 6:21 were the mile splits.

Lots of work to do before that Boulder XC race in February as I hope to go through 10K under 38 and then hold on.  Although I'm still thinking of fudging my age just to throw down against GZ in the short race.

Awesome shirts, you just don't get old school stuff like this anymore.  100% cotton and a logo drawn by a third grader, reminds me of the late 80s/early 90s when I got into this sport.


Also got a $25 gift card to Old Chicago's and two tickets to a CC hockey game.  Not too shabby for thirty bones.

2 comments:

Matt said...

The schwag quality trend is evidence enough that the culture is circling the drain. Nice that you found a little respite from the decline.

GZ said...

I would gladly do a different race to be waiting at the line for you.