Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Hump Day

Watched this a few times yesterday.  Great stuff.



Inspired by the video, today I did a little bit of everything.  Nice 45 minute hike with the dog this morning, followed by a quick bike ride to work.  Lunch was a pretty intense half hour of bouldering at CityRock.  70 minute hard ride home through Bear Creek Park, immediately followed by a great 45 minute run in Red Rock Canyon with $100 and the dog.

But it's not all health and fitness.  Right now I'm enjoying a growler I got on Sunday after some slave labor at the Bear Chase races.  Our Mutual Friend has some pretty solid brews.  OMF is actually the name of the brewery, not some inside joke on the guy we go to see to buy our PED's.  Try the Fresh Hop IPA, it's tasty.  I'd offer some of my growler to try but it's unfortunately empty now.

Also went to Epic Brewing.  HQ is in Salt Lake City, but they have a tap room in Denver now.  Meh.  Brings my total number of Colorado breweries visited up to 88 though.  Will get to 89 sometime this weekend in Pagosa.

Hope to hit a bunch of the Boulder breweries the weekend of November 9th.  I'll be in town for the Boulder IPA fest (believe it or not, I've never been to Avery) and I hope to hit a few other joints while I'm there.

I mentioned the Green Man Taproom & Beer Garden that will be coming to the Springs.  Here's the logo:


I sure hope they're in cahoots with the Green Man Brewery in Asheville, NC.  Mostly because I LOVED the beer there when $100 and I visited, but also because if they're not, they're probably going to get sued for copying the name and logo.

Word on the streets says this new pub is the work of Scott Simmons of the American Distance Project.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

That Boulder IPA Fest sounds like it would be fun. Might have to find a way to get up there.