Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sky Pond

Took advantage of my funemployment to visit Rocky Mountain National Park.  Despite living in Colorado for eight years now, I had only been to RMNP once before.  Such a travesty!

Planned on hiking damn near the entire park over two days, but the weather didn't cooperate.  But I did get in a solid hike out to Sky Pond.  A fairly easy eight mile round trip but definitely worth the time if you're looking for a fun, easy day.  Pretty quick trip from the Estes Park side since the trail head is near the Bear Lake TH.





It did take me a long time to cover eight miles, but that's because this guy got in my way:



Thunderstorms ruined the rest of the trip but I did get to finally drive all of Trail Ridge Road and crossed two more breweries off my list - Grand Lake Brewing and The Library in Winter Park.  A guy was actually hit by lightning at the Alpine Visitor Center while I was in the park, so in hindsight a great decision to leave the trails for the breweries.

Oh yeah, I also saw a friggin' moose.  Can you find him?


No comments: