Monday, June 10, 2013

Garden

Last year I took the Garden pretty serious, hitting the track in the months prior and not drinking the night before the race.  I was very happy with the 67:48 I put down in 2012.

This year I've been doing nothing but trails and hills, very rarely averaging under ten minute miles.  I doubted I would break 70, and thought 75 or even 80 would be a realistic goal.  Especially since my buddy Pete from Austin was in town and we drank a ton of beers on Saturday night.

I ran 67:56.  35:15 for the first half, 32:47 for the last five.  Eight seconds over ten miles is definitely not worth all that suffering I did on the track last year.

1 comment:

mike_hinterberg said...

Found a resource for your next weeknight adventure...hiking/exercise not actually important to be "competitive":
The Sport Sleeping Rule Book

Heard about it from this article.